WHAT'S THE QUANTITY ABOUT COFFEE?

Enter About 9.96 million tons of coffee were consumed worldwide in 2020. With 650kg of ground produced per ton of coffee beans, the global production of coffee grounds reached 6.474 million tons last year alone. What is this concept? If coffee grounds were replaced with the same weight of grain, it would be enough to feed the world’s 811 million hungry people for 23 days.

0
million tons coffee
0
million tons grounds
0
million food for 23 days

One ton of coffee beans can produce 650 kg of coffee grounds, and one kg of instant coffee produces 2 kg of wet coffee grounds, which is about 20 grams per cup of daily coffee.

0
one ton beans
0
KG grounds
instant coffee
0
g grounds/cup

HOW MUCH COFFEE WASTE DO WE PRODUCE?

  • The majority of used coffee is thrown directly into the bin without being separated or treated.
  • After being thrown away, it will end up going to landfill. At this point, it will be at least three months before the coffee grounds start decomposing in the landfill’s angerobic environment.
  • About 75% of it ends up going to landfill. Most of the remaining 25% is reused to make agricultural products like fertiliser.
≥3 months start decomposing

HOW MUCH COFFEE WASTE DO WE PRODUCE?

Benefits of recycling waste coffee grounds

Development Plan

CONTACT US

Email: na-avril@weiyida.cc